Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Let's have a sip of wine

I love the traditional idea of bringing a bottle of wine to the lovely hostess or handsome host during the holidays.  That is, unless, you are bringing food.  But we're talking about wine here, folks!  So why not decorate your wine bottle with a great label/tag combination and top it off with a few bows using your Craft-Dee BowZ tool!

I created this label using one of Graphic 45 papers.  Surprisingly, this was one of my LEAST favorite patterns, so I decided to see what it would look like on the label.  I think I surprised even myself!  This paper looks terrific.  For the tag I used some of the reverse side of the same G45 pattern paper and cut out pieces and parts to decorate it.  I then used a 1/4" red ribbon bow to set off the tag.   Topping the neck of the bottle off with a bigger bow made a cohesive look.



It looks festive and it cost you next to nothing -- no bottle bag, no store-bought ribbon for you!  Just an idea I wanted to pass along for the holiday season.  I'm going to post another one soon that is not holiday themed, but a really fun one, I promise!

Happy bow making and have a Bow-ti-ful Day!

Donna