Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Friday, October 18, 2013

Repurpose your old items with Craft-Dee BowZ

Hello Folks
Donna-Marie Here as a guest designer...whoo hooo!!
I am so honored that Donna asked me to join you today.
I use my Craft-Dee BowZ tool all the time to make perfect BowZ for all my projects both crafty and sewing.
Here is my latest project.  I picked up an old glass jar at my local thrift store and wanted to make something for the upcoming holidays to hold my candy.
I painted the jar with Gold 3D Stamp Paint from Viva Décor and then stamped all over with Library Green Archival Ink using a floral stamp pad.
(the trick is not to put the rubber stamp on a block use the stamp without the block so that it will wrap around curved areas).
I then got to work creating my small spools of ribbon and paper.  I strung them on twine and put them aside.  Then it was time to make my bowZ!!! I made a big green one for the top and added a brown one at the bottom to balance the jar and give it some nice proportions.
I added some flowers and a tag :-)
Then strung my spools up into the bow.
I had so much fun making something out of a .49 cent old jar!!
What a great way to help the environment by recycling and repurposing :-)
I have enjoyed spending time with you folks today and hope I have inspired you to make something out of nothing...all you need to do is add a few bowZ!! LOL
Peace and Love