Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sand between your toes

 Hello everyone! It is my turn to bring to you a project made using the Craft-Dee BowZ maker along with our theme for this month and some extra goodies from USArtQuest. Our theme this month was the colors blue and tan along with a beach theme. The goodies from USArtQuest included Mica Flakes, Prills, Dicrofibers and Perfect Paper Adhesive. Time to put on the thinking cap!


I decided to make a card as we have never been to the beach so no pictures for a scrapbook page. But I do have beach theme stamps! I pulled out a beach theme saying from Just For Fun Rubber Stamps. Using some burlap ribbon, I made my bow with the Craft-Dee BowZ maker as you can see the close up below.


Time to pull out the "Cottage Garden" Dicofibers and have some fun. "These fine, luminescent fiber threads are both light reflective and light refractive. When pressed between parchment paper with a medium-hot iron they produce a brilliant, flexible fiber sheet that can be used like paper or fabric." (taken from the USArtQuest site)

 I used two different colors, lilac and periwinkle, fusing them into fiber sheets. I then ran them through the cuttlebug using a flower die that cut three different sizes. Using the Perfect Paper Adhesive, I attached the Prills to the middle of each flower.
Also used the PPA to attach my flowers.


Look closely to the picture above... do you see the gold edging? That is the Mica Flakes. I again used the PPA to attach the flakes to the outer edge of my oval.

Now that you have seen all the snippets of the card..... are you ready to see the finished product? Here you go!  Look how well the Mica Flakes and the Dicofiber/Prill flowers set off the card.


Hope you have enjoyed my take on the beach theme and on the USArtQuest products. Now if only I was posting this from the beach, my life would be complete!


~ Amber